We’ve all been watching Buffer over the last few months as they tried out a self-management model that was completely flat. They removed all managers, stopped mentorship sessions, and let people choose what areas of the product they wanted to be involved with.
On this episode, we’ll talk about how that worked, what they learned, and see what other companies can take away from this experiment.
Listen / Watch the Episode
This week’s shownotes
- Listener Survey
- What We Got Wrong About Self-Management: Embracing Natural Hierarchy at Work
- Here’s Why You Should Care About Holacracy
- Papertrail, ShopKeep, and many more great companies are hiring.
- Intro Music – “Happy Rock” from Bensound
This week’s shoutouts
- Carolyn – Pocket Recommendations | JetBlue
- Chase L. – MacStories Membership
- Jeff – ‘Give Away Your Legos’ and Other Commandments for Scaling Startups
- Chase C. – Fatherly
Ask us a question
If you’ve got a question for us or an idea for a future episode, send us a message here or tweet it to us – @SupportOps. And if you enjoyed the show, show us some love by giving us a review in iTunes.