You’re going to be on the show! Here’s a few quick things to note before you go live.
The call itself
- The show records live Mondays at 5:00pm Central. Check that time in your own timezone here.
- We’ll use Zoom for the actual call. It’s quick, easy, and you don’t have to worry about anything. We’ll send over a Zoom link the day of the show.
- When it comes time for the call, shut down any apps you don’t need. The more bandwidth you can let Zoom use, the better the quality. Pause your downloads – the new Game of Thrones episode can wait. And this goes for others on your Internet network too, especially if it’s a home one. Remember your main goal – get all the bandwidth you can for your call.
- If you can go the wired route over wireless, do it. Find your ethernet cord and plug straight in. You’ll avoid Murphy’s Law where your wireless Internet drops for a second or two.
- Use headphones if you have them to eliminate any echoes.
- For a mic, use a good external one if you can. Your laptop probably has an okay one but remember, you want to sound snazzy on the show. So plug in that mic you’ve got laying around. iPhone headphones work but if you’ve got a better option, go with it.
- For the show itself, we’ll handle all the recording. You’ve just got to talk. It’ll be super informal and just a conversation.
- If you haven’t heard the show before, listen through a few episodes.
- Set your cellphone to vibrate or silent.
- Keep a glass of water nearby in case you get thirsty.
- Relax. It’s going to be a lot of fun.