With support teams, our empathy often creates a culture of nice where it can be tough to have candid discussions. We hold our opinions back rather than risk being confrontational. But a good manager will create a culture that encourages candor and open discussions.
On this episode, we’ll fill in the blank with “Regardless of seniority, every good manager actively seeks out feedback from their team.”
Notes and Links
- Nick Francis
- Help Scout
- Kill the Culture of “Nice”
- a16z Podcast: Giving and Getting Feedback — for Bosses and Employees
- Radical Candor — The Surprising Secret to Being a Good Boss
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- The 6 Exercises We’re Doing to Help With Artificial Harmony
- Suffering from Busyness? Create More Yutori In Your Work
- Eager Labs
- Find your next job with a company that values support and support professionals.
- Intro Music – “Happy Rock” from Bensound