In the classroom, I always tried new and different ways to engage students in our studies together. It might be starting their own fictitious business one week or re-enacting the Constitutional Congress the next. Variety keeps things from getting boring.
You’re the same way in your support job. If you just answer emails all day, you’ll get burnout real quick. Have a few different things that you can work on throughout the day.
Here’s some of the things I do during my week to keep things fresh.
- Help customers through emails.
- Answer questions on Twitter and Facebook.
- Send out gifts and thank you cards.
- Plan out the next in-person support events.
- Help work on new support videos.
- Work with Merissa to host our online classes.
You’ve got to work in a variety of areas during you week. Try different things than what you typically do. Find a new side project that you can work on. Work on offering a new support channel to your customers. You’ll have a way better week than if you just answered emails all the time.
What kind of things do you work on in a typical week?